about*dallyings

...domestic*dallyings is a blog dedicated to all things a domestic goddess should know - here you will find all my love, interests & inspirations. whether it's the desire to cook a meal that warms your soul, the need to create something lovely, or simply browse for inspiration, let domestic*dallyings be your inspiration. by browsing the *dallyings* going on around my home [whether it be in my kitchen, my crafting, or even my web searching] i hope to inspire the domestic goddess that lives in all of us...

Tuesday, August 30

yellow*squash*fritters

whew. talk about a double post!


I simply decided that I just COULDN'T leave you hanging. 


Y'all are being so patient with me as I get used to the whole "blog my life" thing, that I figured I owed it to ya :) So without any further ado, here are my awesometastic yellow*squash*fritters


yellow*squash*fritters
adapted from thisprimallife.com
serves 2-4 [the engineer and I each had 2]


you need:
-3 yellow squash
-1/4 to 1/2 cup flour [ it will really depend on how quick your batter gets thick when you add it; mine was just shy of a half cup]
-1 egg
-1 clove of minced garlic
-1 tbsp. dried parsley
-chili powder and cayenne pepper, to taste
-salt&pepper, to taste
-olive oil spray or extra virgin olive oil, for coating the pan


stuff yous need.
how to:
1.grate the squash into a bowl and toss with salt. Let sit for 10-15 minutes to draw out moisture. THIS IS IMPORTANT, lovelies! You don't want soggy fritters, trust me.
 
grate, grate, grate!
2. After the squash has set for the time, grab small handfuls of it at a time and squeeze out your aggression any  excess moisture. After each handful, place the dried bits onto a kitchen towel [I spread mine out on my cutting board to minimize the mess]. Once all has been squeezed, gather the towel into a ball and give it one last squeeze.

3. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, egg, flour, salt&pepper, parsley, cayenne, and chili powder.
mix
4. Combine the squash with the egg mixture and mix well.

the beginnings of wonder. for real.
5. Now this is where you can get creative. Because we were having this for a main dish, I made four large fritters. 
 Y
ou can totes make mini ones - like if you're entertaining! 

Or make one BIG one!...whatever floats your boat.

...anyways. In a preheated skillet [coated with spray or oil] place your fritters gently into the pan. Depending on the size, you will need to cook anywhere from 1-3 minutes per side [unless you're going mad and decide to make one large one, and then all I can say is ..... good luck].

nom.
6. Flip and babysit until the color and crispiness is to your liking.


delish.
7. Enjoy! As I mentioned in my last post, I served the beauts up with my asian*cucumber*salad.

...I also want to note that these are great topped with tzaziki, and a little bit of sriacha sauce. NOM times a million. You will love these, I promise!


...Wait!! What's that??


"Alicia, these sound so good! But alas, I don't have any yellow squash - what to do!?!?!"


Fear not lovelies, sub in whatever you have. 
Taters.
Zucchini.
Eggplant.
...get creative :)


cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment